A user from Dublin, Ireland reported that his newly bought GALAXY SIII explodes inside his car suddenly without any warning. That's not the only frustrating moment because when he went back to the retailer they refused to give him a replacement phone.
So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.
I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.
I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.
The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.
And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous.-
But I guess luck is still on his side when Samsung contact person contacted him bringing in good news.
After receiving no help from the Carphone Warehouse. Samsung contacted me, the head of customer services came out to see me and gave me a replacement phone. Even said he would send me out some free stuff.
There is no confirmation that it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my cars heating system. -
Meanwhile sammobile.com confirms that Samsung has already started investigating the heat-related damage Galaxy SIII.
”Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously“.